- Link back to the blogger who nominated you.
- Answer the 11 new questions.
- Nominate other bloggers (however many or few as you’d
- Create 11 new questions for the bloggers you nominated.
- Notify the new nominees of their award.
1) What is the driving passion of your life?
The driving passion of my life is my love for God. (Of course, right?) Through His only Son, Jesus Christ, I have eternal life and I’ve been saved; I’ve literally passed over from death to life! Knowing His love for me drives me to live for Him, day after day, and I am striving to grow and be more like Him.
2) Can you name a favorite character from a movie you’ve seen recently?
Ha! I haven’t seen any movies recently, but I just finished watching American Idol (and I have to say that Jax was my favorite and SHOULD HAVE WON). Does that count? 😛 Probably not.
3) What’s one book (or chapter, verse, whatever…) of the Bible that has particularly touched you and why?
Oooooh. Good question! I have a few…
Galatians 2:20 “I have been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me. And the life I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.”
2 Corinthians 5:14-15 “For the love of Christ controls us, because we have concluded this: that one has died for all, therefore all have died; and he died for all, that those who live might no longer live for themselves but for him who for their sake died and was raised.”
4) How tall are you? *smiles*
I’m 5’3”. *shrivels* I’m petite, I know. 95% of my friends are taller than me, but hey, what can ya do?
5) What’s one thing a book needs to have in order to make it a favorite for you?
Though it might sound quite old-fashioned, for a book to be a favorite for me, it must have a strong Christian theme. If our life’s purpose is to live for God and not for ourselves, why would I want to support a book that does not hold that view? It’s a conservative opinion, I know, but for me, books that bring me closer to my Creator are what I want to be filling my mind with. 🙂
6) How did you start and what’s your favorite thing about blogging?
I started blogging about three months ago. My favorite thing about blogging would be that I get a chance to share my faith as much as I want. In “real life”, I’m an introvert, and I don’t always have a chance to talk (or I don’t feel as comfortable…) so blogging gives me an opportunity to share everything that’s going on in my head, and I get to seem like I’m more outgoing than I really am. If you don’t want to listen to what I have to say, you don’t have to. I’m not “forcing my beliefs” on anyone, I’m just sharing my heart with all who will listen. 😉
7) What’s something exciting that has happened in your life recently?
Haha! My life really isn’t that exciting, but I have to say, I’ve been devouring books recently and living in some other pretty awesome worlds. And on top of that, I’ve gotten to connect with some really awesome people (awesome-worlds’ authors included!). I wouldn’t ever want to give that up. I love getting to know awesome people.
8) Why do you write (blogs, books, whatever)?
I write because I love Jesus. I write because of what He’s done for me and how grateful I am. I write because I get to share my faith with anyone who will listen. I write because I get to express myself in more ways than I could if I didn’t. I write because I want to bring glory to God and point others to Him. I write because God has given me this platform to make Him famous, and it is one of my biggest passions.
9) Can you describe (or find a picture of) a different-era outfit that you’d love to wear?
I love the 1940s and 50s era a lot. (I love the middle ages and Ancient Rome period too, but I’ll save that for another time. *winks*)
I’d love to wear something like a retro-blue blouse with a yellow polka-dot skirt or a red blouse with a black and white polka-dot skirt. I looooove that kind of fashion!
10) Favorite songs?
Right now, I really like “Your Hands” by JJ Heller and “Make A Way” by I Am They. And “Salt and Light” by Lauren Daigle.
Just. So. Good.
11) Any advice for your fellow Christian bloggers/writers?
Never give up writing, you can only improve. Know that the only abilities that you have are a gift from God, and not because of how great you are. Remember to give all the glory to God in everything, and lean on Him for help. And never forget…He will never leave you or forsake you, and He is one-hundred percent trustworthy, all the time.
Now for my lucky nominees! These people have fantastic blogs, and I hope you enjoy them as much as I do. Blogger friends, I nominate YOU to answer my 11 new questions!
Katy Parker at Captured in Christ
Jordan Shea at Carefree Flower
Leah E. Good at Leah’s Bookshelf
Rachel Schaus at Notes From My Corner of Creation
Christy at The Teen Theme
11 New Questions:
1) What is the driving passion of your life?
2) What/who has encouraged you the most to write?
3) What genre of books is your favorite?
4) Where is the furthest place away from home you’ve ever been?
5) Who is the coolest person you’ve ever gotten to know?
6) How important is your faith to your writing?
7) Are you a morning person, a night owl, a mix of both, or neither?
8) What’s your favorite part about writing/blogging?
9) Who is your fictional hero, and what makes them so special?
10) If you could make a favorite book into a fantastic movie, what book (or series) would it be?
11) What era “should” you have been born in?